Portable Appliance Testing
You can expect each PAT test to be undertaken with the utmost care and attention.
PAT Central services the cities of London, Brighton & Hove and the South East region. We perform comprehensive electrical safety tests on plug top and fixed wired appliances. Because we are NICEIC Registered and our technicians are City & Guilds qualified, we offer quality PAT Testing services you can trust.
Each PAT Test will include:
- Visual inspection of the appliance, flex and plug top – Look for any visual signs of damage or overheating
- Open Each Plug Top – Inspect the fuse and connections and tighten wire connections
- Electrical tests – The appliance is put through a series of electrical tests to ensure that it is properly earthed (Earth Continuity Test, Class 1 appliance) and insulated (Insulation Resistance Test, Class 1 and 2 appliance)
- Labelling – A label is affixed to the appliance indicating whether it has passed or failed as well as additional information including the test date, re-test date and Appliance ID number assigned to it
- Records – A detailed record is given for each appliance tested as well as an inventory summary. These records will be made available in an electronic format (hard copy available upon request)
We offer PAT Testing in London, Crawley, Brighton & Hove and Worthing. We also cover other regions in the South East of England.
All of our PAT Tests include:
- Free mileage within our service area
- Pass/fail labels on all appliances tested
- Free replacement of damaged plug tops and fuses
- Free minor repairs to plug top wiring
- Free re-testing after repairs (excluding fixed appliances & 110v equipment)
- PAT test certificate & inventory records in electronic & hard copy formats
- Re-testing notification
PAT Test Scheduling
The frequency of portable appliance testing is determined by several factors. This includes the type of equipment and its classification, the frequency it is used and/or moved and the environment in which it is operating. Our PAT Testing Engineers will specify your exact requirements. We use the IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition guidelines to help determine this. For more information about the legal requirements for PAT Testing click here.
London & Brighton PAT Testing Prices
We offer 3 packages for PAT testing:
- Small PAT Testing Package*
Includes up to 5 items PAT tested for only £40.00
Additional items are charged at £1.75 per test
– Ideal for landlords, musicians & tradeshow exhibitors
- Medium PAT Testing Package
Includes up to 20 items PAT tested for only £55.00
Additional items are charged at £1.25 per test
– Ideal for landlords, small businesses and mobile DJs
- Large PAT Testing Package
Includes up to 50 items PAT tested for only £85.00
Additional items are charged at £0.75 per test
– Ideal for larger businesses or HMO Properties
For 300+ items call our London office 0207 993 5193 or Brighton office 01273 915068 for the best pricing.
Microwave radiation leakage testing is FREE upon request with the above packages.
Fixed appliance testing is charged at £10 per fixed appliance.
*The Small PAT Testing Package is only available in London, Greater London and Brighton & Hove.
Note – Prices shown exclude VAT. Special rates apply for out of hours and weekend appointments.
Areas Covered for London and Greater London PAT Testing include: East London, South London, West London, North London and Portable Appliance Testing in Central London
Areas Covered for Brighton & Hove PAT Testing include: Portslade, Shoreham, Southwick, Worthing, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Hassocks, Horsham and Crawley. We offer Portable Appliance Testing services throughout the Brighton & Hove area and the South East.